General Surgery Clinic
Mr Agwunobi and Mr Khan are Consultant General Surgeons who operate an out-reach clinic from the Macclesfield Spire Regency Hospital covering hernias and colorectal areas. Although the Spire Regency is a private hospital, it is a fully commissioned NHS service with no financial cost to the patient.
- Out patient clinics happen at Ashfields in Sandbach
- Its a consultant led service.
- The consultants involved also work in the Macclesfield District General Hospital (NHS) which has a very high reputation.
- As the Spire Regency does not take acute/trauma work the chances of operations being changed or cancelled are much lower.
- The communication from Spire Regency to your GP is excellent.
- Distance: Currently all investigations and operations take place in Macclesfield which is around 40 minutes away by car, although there is adequate parking at the Regency Hospital.
- Limitations: Because the Regency does not have ITU facilities, it is unable to operate on some higher risk patients with multiple co-morbidities.
You are completely free to choose any provider of general surgical services, including Leighton, Oswestry and Royal Stoke. SandbachGPs host this clinic because we think it delivers a high quality service close to home and is right for some people.
About the author