Mr Waseem and Mr Fischer Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeons operate an outreach clinic from the Macclesfield Spire Regency Hospital. Although a private hospital this is a fully commissioned NHS service at no cost to the patient.
- Outpatient clinics happen at Ashfields in Sandbach
- It’s a consultant led service.
- The consultants involved also work in the NHS Macclesfield hospital which has a very high reputation.
- As the Spire Regency doesn’t take acute/trauma work the chances of operations being changed/cancelled are much lower.
- The communication from Spire to us your GPs is excellent – which cannot always be said of other providers.
- Distance. Currently all investigations and operations take place in Macclesfield which is around 40 minutes away by car. Though there is adequate parking at the Regency Hospital.
- Limitations. Because the Regency doesn’t have ITU facilities it can’t operate on some higher risk patients with multiple comorbidities.
You are completely free to choose any provider of orthopaedic services including Leighton, Oswestry and North Staffs. The SandbachGPs host this service because we think it delivers a high quality service close to home and is right for some people.